- Are you married to a Catholic and attend Mass but just don't know what the next step is to become a Catholic?
- Are you un-baptized but recognize a need for spirituality in your life?
- Are you baptized in another faith, but want to learn about the Roman Catholic Church?
- Would you like to be Catholic? Or, do you know anyone who fits these criteria?
Then come to RCIA!
Refer a friend!
Inquire or just Listen.
The Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults
The RCIA program presents an in-depth study of the Catholic faith with no obligations. No prior experience is necessary only a heart desiring to come closer to God. Some of the topics include, an overview of salvation history, the Creed or basic beliefs of the Catholic faith, the Sacraments, Mary, Communion of Saints, Popes, prayer, Bible study of the Gospels of Luke and John, and much more. After RCIA, your life will never be the same. All parishioners are encouraged to invite anyone they may think is interested!
Each year's spiritual journey begins the first Sunday after Labor Day, following the 9 am Mass, in the Karen McLaughlin Hall. We meet at IHM's coffee and donuts, then move to the John Paul II Center around 10:45 AM. The RCIA group will continue to meet on most Sundays until the evening of the Easter Vigil Mass when Catechumens and Candidates will become full members of the Roman Catholic Church.
- The Existence of God
- Jesus, Lord and Savior
- The Church
- The Eucharist
Need More Info? Would you like to join us?
- Please contact:
- Bob Hackenberg, RCIA Facilitator
- or the Church office at 662-6193